Cook Compression offers a wide assortment of packing cases suitable for use at pressures ranging from vacuum to 50,000 psi (3,450 bar). Available features include lubrication, venting, purging and cooling.
- Material options for all gases and pressure conditions
- Advanced hyper sealing components
- Cases for non-lubricated service
- Vented and buffered cases specially designed for your application to reduce fugitive emissions
- Custom-engineered packages
Lubricated, Vented Designs
Each Cook packing case consists of a flange and a series of annular cups containing recesses for the packing rings. The type and material of the rings varies based on service conditions.
For up to about 2,000 psi (140 bar), the case material is normally cast iron, or Ni-Resist iron if the application involves corrosive gases. Steel or stainless steel is most common for higher pressures.
Cook cases may be combined with specially designed rings, control systems and/or secondary containment systems in Cook Compression high-performance engineered packages. Options include: